mardi 11 janvier 2011

Beaubourg

During the holidays I went back to Paris to work  and unfortunately I only had time to go to museum once.









I went to Beaubourg which is a very big and rich museum in the center of paris. 














The architecture of this building is very interesting because Renzo Piano and Richard Rogers who designed it decided to put the skeleton on the front of the building, so that it is visible and recognizible from the outside: air pipes are blue, water pipes are green, electric cables are yellow, elevator are red and metallic girders are visible.










I do really like that fact that all walls are mobiles and fitting to exhibitions. Moreover, the ground floor looks onto the very lively square in front of the museum thanks to picture windows which create interactions between the public, the museum and the passers-by.

Click HERE to see Beaubourg official website.






























I saw an exhibition about ARMAN (1928-2005).




Arman
Uploaded by centrepompidou. - Watch original web videos.


Biography: He is a very famous french painter who define in his own way the use of object as pieces of art themselves. He is know for his "accumulations", destruction and recomposition of objects.
Click HERE to know more about his life, and HERE for informations about his work.


Here are a few of his works I saw at the exhibition I preferred.

All over technique
Cachet oeil de tigre
Bluebeard's wife ( La vénus aux blaireaux)

Heroic time
Stop time (Arret du temps)
Endless variation
Paint tube
Dentures

My point of view: I really appreciated it because I saw hundreds of every day life objects put together in a way that make them become esthetic and give them a new dimension. Do you believe that old and dirty dentures can create of beautiful piece of art!!?
I also like the way he changes appearances by destroying and burning things.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire