mardi 22 mars 2011

Barbican Art Gallery

Sunday, I went to the Barbican Art Gallery. I didn't really know what it was and what I was about to find here and I was quite surprised.

Most of the pieces of art presented needed deep explanations and interpretations to understand it. I am not sure I have enough knowledge about performing and fine art to understand every thing but some works really interested me.


I really liked Gordon Matta-Clark's intervention on buildings, cutting shapes in houses floors of walls which crops the landscape for real.




The other artist who catch my attention was Laurie anderson with her work "quarter for sol lewitt"

She replace each numbers in a sudoku grid by a pattern. I would really like to do someting like that when I'll have finished my TIMELINE.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire