mercredi 8 décembre 2010

07-12 Aware: Art Fashion Identity















I went to the Royal Academy of Arts to see GSK Contemporary- Aware : Art Fashion Identity. Check the image gallery here.

Alexander McQueen, 'Autumn Winter 1998: Joan'

Hussein Chalayan, 'Son' of Sonzai Suru, 2010


Meschac Gaba, 'Perruques-Architecture', 2006.


Yinka Shonibare, 'Little Rich Girls', 2010


Yoko Ono performing Cut Piece, March 21, 1965. Carnegie Recital Hall, New York, NY


My opinion :  I did really appreciate some pieces of art I saw in this exhibition, such as the tape of Yoko Ono performing on stage: public was invited to come on stage to cut motionless Ono's clothes one by one to be part of the performance. To me, this is really interresting in this context of fashion exhibition, look at fashion in that way.
I really liked Alexander McQueen dress and Hussein Chalayan's installation who insists on the fact that beauty of a cloth depends of the way it is presented.
However, I was a bit disappointed by the exhibition, I found it hardly approachable for someone who doesn't master fashion.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire